664 hours ago Jim was driving back to Berkeley from the San Francisco airport with our final student, Varya to complete our summerfuel family of 77 that would embark on the summer of their lives … it doesn’t seem possible that our 4 weeks together has come to an end. Walt Disney once said “Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children.” I am so lucky to have gotten to know and love each of our students this year. They truly are our future! We have had an incredible summer; we have learned a lot, we have stayed safe, we have respected all and most importantly we have had so much fun together! I must say it is one that I will cherish the memories of for many years to come.
Friday night we celebrated our month together at our Final Banquet. We thanked all the faculty that spent their time teaching us about their passion and sharing their knowledge with us and congratulated our outstanding students for each class:
- Introduction to Architecture: Gabriela Sortino Herrero & Maria Mussi
- Biology – Intro to Genetics: Izabela Junqueira Magalhaes
- International Law: Yara Dionisi
- Game Design: Yalcin Tur & Mitchell Wagner
- Marketing in a Digital World: Alexa Hunn & Anna Chester
- Public Speaking: Claudia Schmidt
- Finance: Ali Emir Ozturk
- Fashion Design: Pauline Laratte
- Abnormal Psychology: Rita Dahi
- Psychology & Social Behaviors: Tiffany Hsich
- Robotics: Izabela Junqueira Magalhaes
- Essay Writing: Gabriela Sortino Herrero
- Medical Science: Constanza Marzano
- Entrepreneurship: Maria Iordan
- English as a Second Language: Sayo Orita
- Computer Science & App Design: Maxime Karpik
Then it was time to stay up all night soaking in the last memories we could make with our newest friends. Goodbyes are never easy and many tears were shed – but that is just the proof of how amazing our summer was and how sad we were to have it come to an end and go on with our lives to see what the next journey holds. Congratulations to all students, staff, and faculty for an incredible summer!
Take a look at our memories some more of our memories here!