Summerfuel in Nice: Travel Information
Meeting Place: The check-in area of your terminal (please see below). Summerfuel staff will be wearing NAVY BLUE Summerfuel t-shirts.
Time: 3 hours prior to departure (i.e. 5:11 pm)
Airport Terminal: Terminal 4 at JFK Airport in New York
Flight: Delta # 412 – Departs at 8:11 pm on June 30
* Please note terminals, flight numbers and departure times are subject to change, so you should verify this information 24 hours prior to departure.
If you are on the above flight, a Summerfuel staff member will travel with you from New York to Nice. Please check in on arrival then head to the meeting point. Once you arrive in Nice, the Summerfuel representative will assist you as you collect your luggage and pass through customs. Additional Summerfuel staff will await your arrival as you exit immigration & customs. Staff will be easy to identify, holding Summerfuel signs and wearing NAVY BLUE Summerfuel staff shirts.
***If you get separated from the group, simply ask an airport staff member to point you in the direction of the nearest information desk and have a member of the Summerfuel Staff paged. In the event that a page is not responded to, call your Summerfuel emergency number: 929-502-7804. If you are separated from the group in Nice, please call the Summerfuel Nice office at +33 7 79 14 76 80
If you are not from the tri-state area, we need to know how you’re planning on getting to JFK – connecting flight details, driving in with family, etc. If you have not submitted this information, please do so immediately so we can accurately monitor arrivals/departures to/from JFK. You can add this information in your my.summerfuel account, email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax it to 212 796 8359.
Obtaining boarding passes
- Obtain a boarding pass all the way through to your program destination where possible.
- If you are unable to obtain a boarding pass all the way through to your program destination, you will need to go to the check-in counter at JFK and obtain another boarding pass.
Checking your luggage
- Check your luggage all the way through to your program destination where possible. Even if your connecting flight is on a different airline than the chaperoned flight, SOME airlines will allow you to check your baggage to your final destination.
- If you are unable to check your baggage all the way through to your program destination, collect your baggage once you arrive at JFK, then continue to your Summerfuel flight’s terminal and re-check-in.
Once you arrive at JFK
- If you arrive into the same terminal as the escorted flight, proceed to the gate for the escorted flight. You will meet the Summerfuel escort and the rest of the student group at the gate.
- If you arrive in a different terminal from the escorted flight, you will have to use the inter-terminal AirTrain to get to your proper terminal. Follow the clearly marked signs or ask any airline representative/airport employee for directions.
- If you were unable to check your baggage all the way through to your program destination, collect your baggage, continue to your escorted flight’s terminal, re-check-in and head to the meeting point.
- If you were unable to obtain a boarding pass for the trans-Atlantic portion of your flight, head straight to the check-in counter to get your boarding pass before joining Summerfuel staff.
If you miss the Summerfuel flight…
- Summerfuel staff is constantly monitoring connecting flights, so don’t panic. We will most likely know of your situation before you land.
- Contact your parents and the Summerfuel emergency number immediately at 929-502-7804to let us know your current situation.
- Head to the check-in counter of your flight, as Summerfuel staff will remain at the check-in counters until all students are accounted for.
Important Note to Parents: If your child’s connecting flight is delayed and there is a chance that he/she might miss the group flight, it is your responsibility to find alternate travel arrangements. If you booked on the group flight, Summerfuel will be happy to assist you in finding a new flight but you will be responsible for any additional costs. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact the Summerfuel office: 1.212.796.8340.
If you are arriving in Nice independently and are not traveling on the chaperoned flight, collect your baggage and pass through Customs/Immigration independently. A Summerfuel staff member or a car service partner will be waiting for you outside the customs area.
If you have trouble finding us, go to the nearest public telephone and call the program’s office in Nice (.+33 7 79 14 76 80).
Carry with You
Please make sure you have the following when you travel:
- Flight itinerary
- Approximately 100 Euros and US$100
- A change of clothes
- A calling card (with the international access # for France) or cell phone with international service
- All Summerfuel numbers provided herein
Summerfuel Office in Nice: + 33 7 79 14 76 80 | email@example.com
Summerfuel Main Office in NYC: 212 796 8340 | 800 752 2250
Emergency Number: 929-502-7804