As Oxford students are getting ready to go, the Summerfuel RAs are working hard to get everything organized, planned, and set up for the big arrival. Some of them have even been practicing their punting skills for many afternoon activities on the River Cherwell! Since they know which students they’ll get in their group, it’s only fair we give you some info about them:
- Cameron is from Cleveland, Ohio where he studies Arts Management, Music, and Spanish. An avid musician, writer, and adventurer, Cameron loves a good joke and a hearty laugh. Cameron is very familiar with the UK, having spent six months studying in York and travelling to various places in Europe. Cameron has years of experience in residence life, student affairs, and group facilitation. He is passionate about connecting others with new places, people, and ideas. Cameron believes that travelling is one of the best ways to engage with the world, with others, and with oneself, and he is very excited to encourage and support Summerfuel Oxford 2017 students as they embark on their journey with this program.
- Laura was born and raised in Surrey, just outside of London. She has just completed her bachelor’s degree in Geography at the University of Birmingham. As part of her degree she spent a year studying at McGill University in Montreal, Canada. Laura is returning to Summerfuel Oxford for her second year, and she loves to travel and explore new places, as well as learn about new cultures.
- Katie comes from Limerick, in Ireland. She completed a bachelor’s degree in Law and French, during which time she studied at the University of Strasbourg, France for a year. She has just finished her masters in Intellectual Property Law at Trinity College Dublin. She loves reading and learning and this is her second year as an RA at Oxford.
- Kevin grew up in Connecticut. He attended Colgate University where he majored in French literature. He taught fifth grade for two years and will be teaching French at a boarding school beginning in August. Kevin is yet another Oxford returner, and he enjoys traveling, reading and all things New York Mets.
- Tori is a recent college grad with a degree in Social Science History Teaching and a minor in History. Tori currently lives in Sioux Falls, South Dakota with her goldendoodle Bear and works at Augustana University. In her free time, Tori likes exploring the trails with her dog and reading. Tori previously lived in Dublin, Ireland, and is excited to spend the summer in Oxford!
Carly is an English teacher from the Minneapolis area in Minnesota. She enjoys reading, traveling, and spending time with her friends and family. Carly did her student teaching in England and is excited to share her love of this country with more students!
Alice studied Western Classical music in Ireland and Belgium graduating in 2012. Since then she has spent two years teaching at an alternative kindergarten/conservatory in Paris, France and three years travelling: first in Europe and then in Asia. She is a certified yoga teacher and loves to be creative, keeps a journal, paints watercolours, adores dogs and is interested in sustainable living/natural medicine.